|On behalf of the current committee, thank you for being part of the River Basin Management Society (RBMS). With your support, we are proud to be a diverse community of practice dedicated to integrating catchment and waterway management in Australia. Over more than 30 years, the RBMS has benefited from outstanding leadership from past and present committee members.
15 May 2023 – Committee nominations open. Submit your nomination here
12 June 2023 – Committee nominations close
19 June 2023 – RBMS Special General Meeting (SGM). Register here
So what’s involved?
As a committee member, you will help bring together a community of professionals and students to engage in new discussions, share knowledge and advance practice in catchment and river management.
We strongly encourage nominations from members who are excited to:
- Lead the growth of the RBMS and our program of events and communications across Australia
- Organise and host forums to present and discuss catchment and river management
- Promote a pragmatic, evidence-based approach to catchment and river management
- Provide a balanced and representative voice for the RBMS in the setting of policy for catchment and river management
- Make new connections and sharing knowledge within the RBMS and partner organisations
In line with our Constitution, we are seeking nominations for all committee positions for Financial Year 2023/24. No specific experience is required, and we welcome nominations from both long term and brand new members! There are opportunities for all that want to contribute to the RBMS.
Executive Committee Members:
- Vice President
Our immediate past president also remains on the Executive Committee for mentoring and support.
General Committee Members:
- Help coordinate activities/events/programs to serve members nationally and in your local area
- Manage and update our website, social media, Eventbrite and Mailchimp accounts
- Curate and prepare content for our social media channels, website and e-newsletter
- Develop ideas and lead working groups to challenge the status quo and advance the things that matter to our members
- Committee members are responsible for the management and running of a valued program of events and communications for RBMS members. It requires a commitment to support fellow Committee members through regular communication to check in on tasks for event/communication/program progress.
- Time commitment can vary week to week up and task dependent throughout the year. There are 8 formal committee meetings via Zoom that require attendance to discuss/plan RBMS activities.
We need additional support!
If you are unable to commit to being on the committee but would like to support the local running of the RBMS, we are also seeking expressions of interest from members interested in ad-hoc support roles. These members will be called on by Committee Members to support activities when additional support is required.
The SGM will be held online to elect the Committee with the option for members to attend or nominate a proxy in writing via firstname.lastname@example.org. An election ballot will take place for committee positions with more than one nomination.
For more information on the committee structure and roles, please contact Janice Taylor via email@example.com or the Executive Committee via firstname.lastname@example.org.
RBMS President (2021-22; 2022-23)