The 8th Stream Management Conference was held 31 July to 3 August 2016 in the Blue Mountains in New South Wales.
The conference highlights included:
- A full program of concurrent presentations over three days covering environmental flows, riparian works, geomorphology, monitoring & evaluation, catchment modelling, urban catchments, community, extractive industry and project funding.
- International and local keynote speeches from Professor Ellen Wohl (Colorado State University, USA), Dr Derek Robeson (Tweed Forum, Scotland), Dr Mehreen Faruqi (NSW Greens, Australia) and Chris Chersterfield (CRC for Water Sensitive Cities, Australia)
- Field trips and workshops led by Blue Mountains City Council, Australian River Restoration Centre and Professor Kirstie Fryirs.
- Entertaining addresses from Ticky Fullerton and RBMS’ own on-stage talent at the Conference Dinner
- A curious puzzle game helping make new industry connections.
The RBMS would like to thank the following people
- The Conference Organising Committee: John Senior and Lance Lloyd; Co-Chairs Mark Stacey and Jo Slijkerman; and Editors Dr Geoff Vietz, Alissa J. Flately and Associate Professor Ian Rutherfurd; and everyone who helped bring 8ASM to life.
- Conference Sponsors: Sydney Water, State Government of Victoria’s Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning (DELWP) and the Murray Darling Basin Authority along with the Australian Government.
- GEMS Event Management
RBMS members can login to view and download all Conference Proceedings. The collection features more than 1000 full papers on Australian catchment and waterway management.